Hi

I am fairly new to lyx and latex,  so far its pretty good I have figured
out how to do citations and chemical formulas etc,  which is much easier
than using a word processor for such tasks.

I have been trying to work on a nicely formatted document to list all
the command (key bindings) for the joe command reference on lyx under
ubuntu 8.10. lyx 1.5.6.

This is for the linux documentation project, so I have done a similar
document just need to update it, which is what I am using lyx for

I put all the data in tables,  but I think this was a bad idea, as the
newlines etc are causing problems,  what I want to go back to is a
document without all the table tags in,  so it just lists what was in
the table in the lyx document

things like

^B      Left    ^F      Right
^P      Up      ^N      Down

right now this is in a table, but I want it not in a table, I can't seem
to find out how to highlight the table and just remove it,

the code for the above is

\begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|c|}
\hline
\textasciicircum{}B & Left & \textasciicircum{}F & Right\tabularnewline
\hline
\hline
\textasciicircum{}P & Up & \textasciicircum{}N & Down\tabularnewline
\hline
\end{tabular}\begin{tabular}{|c|c|}
\hline
\textasciicircum{}Z & Previous Word\tabularnewline
\hline
\hline
\textasciicircum{}X & Next Word\tabularnewline
\hline
\end{tabular}

so there has to be a way to undo the table bit.  Even if its a perl or
bash script that I can run on the file and have it remove the
appropriate code.

thanks for any help.

Paul Sutton

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday April 4th : 3pm,  Shoreline Cafe
Paignton