Edwin Davis wrote:
I have not been able to find where it says how to change the font of the list of figures or tables
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. I thought we were talking about the page headings, that repeat on each page. But maybe you meant the heading that appears at the beginning of the list of tables, etc. It might be possible to use the titletoc package for this, but I'm not sure.

Looking at the report class, it appears that it uses chapter* to typeset the names of the various tables. So another option would be to use the titlesec package to redefine the formatting of the chapter headings. But you would then have to reset it, if you wanted it to be the way it was before.

Richard

PS Keep replies on the list in case someone else has a better answer!