Dominik Waßenhoven wrote:
rgheck wrote:

This is a nice idea, but note that you could do also this in such a way that you have BOTH the original greyed out note available, if you want it, and this version. All you have to do is create a custom inset on the model of the one I posted before.

Sorry, I missed that one.
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg73924.html

Is it also possible to alter an existing inset
via a module, so that I can redefine the greyed out note? (I am not at
all familiar with modules.)

Yes. Anything you can do with layout you can do with a module. Modules are just bits of layout that can be included in various documents via Document>Settings>Modules. So you can redefined the greyed out note (which is defined in stdinsets.inc) or define a new inset and keep the old one.

Richard