On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

 This question is about my installation of 1.6.3 on linux. Under
Tools->Preferences->Shortcuts->Documents and window, there is a key
'buffer-export' with the assigned value of 'Ctrl-X H'. That key combination
does nothing; the status line tells me it's been disabled. What I don't know
is what flavor of buffer export it is supposed to invoke. If I try to change
the valued from 'Ctrl-X H' to 'Ctrl-H' a message pops up telling me that
chord is already assigned to buffer-export.

 Under File->Export I can manually select pdflatex and that works as
intended.

 In ~/.lyx/bind/my.bind the 'buffer-export' value is assigned to the key
'Ctrl-H', but that does not work either. It moves the cursor a line above
the title, but that's it.

 I'd appreciate learning what to do to get ctrl-h to export the buffer
using pdflatex. Of course, learning why the icon bar handles don't let me
move them would also be appreciated.

Here's a (very) partial answer. I think that 'buffer-export' requires an argument, e.g. 'pdf2' to say what kind of export you want. Maybe that's incompatible with just using 'Ctrl-x h' for export?

You could try doing
        M-x     (should give you a prompt, and then type)
        buffer-export pdf2

After getting that to work, you could probably bind a command that does the above to a keyboard shortcut. Or ask on the developers list... :-)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-8 768 39 44