On 24.07.2009, at 02:25, Luis F. Amorim França wrote:

Thanks Daniel!

I tried to create a document with a ERT like

\title(Paper Title)
\author{Luis}

but when I compile it, the document is empty. Trying to use the Lyx Title
and Author, I get this message:

\author{Luis}\maketitle

The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue, and I'll forget
about whatever was undefined

Depending on the peculiarities of the latex class, more or less stuff has to be given in ERT - maybe even the abstract. The example I have attached, for instance, uses the "IOS-Book" class, which requires the abstract to be defined within a special frontmatter environment. Because I did not want to bother with getting the peculiarities of this class right into a LyX layout, I ended up with a big ERT box in the beginning and only the real content is written in LyX.

The process: I usually use the latex example file that comes with the paper class as template, activate source preview in Lyx ("View->View Source", then check "Complete Source") to see what LyX would generate and then copy parts or larger chunks of the LaTeX example into ERT until the result looks compilable.

Daniel

Hi Luis,

This may not be exactly the answer you are looking for :-)

IMHO the front matter (the stuff that is rendered by \maketitle) is the most difficult part to get right into a LyX layout, especially with paper
styles. Every paper style uses different concepts on how authors,
institutions, multiple authors per institution, authors with multiple
institutions, "thanks"-titlenotes, and so on have to be specified. So even with the well-designed paper layout files that ship with LyX (LNCS, IEEE, ...) I usually end up using ERT in the front matter to get what I need.

So if you are not going to write dozens of articles using that style, I would just not bother in getting everything right into the layout and use
ERT in the paper to specify the front matter.

Daniel