On 09/11/2009 09:33 AM, Manveru wrote:
2009/9/11 Evan Mason<evanma...@gmail.com>

Hi,

I am running lyx 1.6.4 with Mandriva 2008.  Over the last few days Lyx
keeps
freezing, and after a minute or two comes up with the message 'Lyx has
caught an exception... Exception: std::bad_alloc'.  It seems to happen just
with one particular document I am working on, but I am not totally sure.

I'd be grateful for any help with a solution to this.

You are running out of memory for the application. Is it possible that your
Mandriva has any default limits set for the applications? If you are not
sure, post us the result of the ulimit command executed on console. (Guys,
correct me if I am wrong with ulimit command).

It's possible, too, though, that LyX is for some reason going nuts on the memory allocation. There was an issue about this a while ago involving the caching of large images. I can't remember if we resolved that bug or not.

Evan, does this document have lots of large images? It would also be nice to know how much memory you have on this machine. You might also run top and watch LyX's memory usage.

Richard