On 10/06/2009 08:07 AM, Daniel Owens wrote:

rgheck wrote:
On 10/05/2009 01:36 PM, Daniel Owens wrote:
I am working on a dissertation class for my school, and I need to use XeTeX. The class is working well using LaTeX, but when I create a layout file for LyX to use the class, it ignores the commands for using TrueType fonts, so Greek is not typeset. I don't have this problem in LyX if I just use a *.sty file instead of a class. Then LyX handles XeTeX very well. Does anyone have any theories about what is going on? The only thing I can think of is that my layout file is doing something to interfere with XeTeX. It compiles okay just without the right fonts.

I have no idea what is happening, but here's how to find out. Construct some simple test file that exhibits the behavior you mention, i.e., it works with the sty and not with the cls. Now export both to LaTeX. Look carefully at the preamble and in particular at the order in which things are being loaded. Somewhere in there is probably the difference. If not, then check the order in which things are being loaded in your class and style files. Maybe it's there.

rh

So, I did what you suggested, and I am getting closer to solving the mystery. Both preambles are pretty much the same, and it is actually something which is present in both which causes the problem:

    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

If I comment out the above line in the file utilizing wheaton.cls (which basically just points to wheaton.sty), it solves the problem, but the file using wheaton.sty directly can have the line and there is not problem. I don't think it has anything to do with my LyX layout file. It would seem to be related to how I have constructed the class file or something. Is there any way to prevent LyX from adding the line above?

Here is the class file:

\ProvidesClass{wheaton}[2009/10/04 Wheaton College Dissertation Class]

\LoadClass[letterpaper,oneside,12pt,titlepage]{memoir}

\usepackage{wheaton}

\setromanfont{Times New Roman}

\newfontfamily\hebrewfont[Script=Hebrew]{SBL Hebrew}

\newfontfamily\greekfont[Script=Greek]{SBL Greek}

\RequirePackage[babel=once,english=american]{csquotes}

If you're using the style file, does the T1 line come *before* these fonts are set? Or still after?

Jurgen, do you have any idea here?

rh