On 10/09/2009 03:40 AM, Luca Carlon wrote:
Hi! I'm using the book document style and I'm using the modules Theorems (AMS),
Theorems (AMS extended) and Theorems (By Chapter). I modified theorems-ams.inc
to be able to redefine some environments, such as definitions and examples, to
be italic. Anyway, I see that remarks are italic in LyX, whereas definitions and
examples are italic only when the pdf is created. Is there any way to change the
style of those paragraphs even in the LyX interface? This would make my document
clearer during editing.

What you need is to include a Font specification in the Style declaration. There will be one in Theorem that sets the font to italic.

As Guenter said, see chapter 5 of the Customization manual for details. (There's a section on fonts.)

By the way, instead of modifying theorems-ams.inc directly, you might want to put your changes into a separate module that you can include when you want them. E.g., if you do something like:
Style Definition
Font
Shape Italic
EndFont
Preamble
% your stuff here
EndPreamble
End
then this will override the older stuff, not completely redeclare Definition. (If you want to do that, then you do "NoStyle Definition", then redeclare it.) So if you include this module AFTER theorems-ams.inc, then you get the same effect as modifying theorems-ams.inc without losing the original.

rh