> > How I can fix this ?
>
> it looks the qt libraries are messed up in your system. try reinstalling them.
> the last possibility would be to compile qt locally in your home and link
> lyx against them (some proper arg for configure).

Thanks Pavel I really appreciate it
I tried to find different libqt in synaptic and found libqtgui4 and
libqtcore4 showing version 4.4.0. Others are version 4.3.4, including
libqt4-core and libqt4-gui, both are version 4.3.4.
I deleted libqtgui4 and libqtcore4.

Now my LyX can preview directly svg file and can be externally edit
using Inkscape, without any crash.

There is a litle problem however, in LyX preview. All equations written
using LaTeX text extension for Inkscape (textext) are not displayed, but
appear perfectly in pdfview and in hard printing of this pdf is also OK.

Below the message when I run LyX from terminal (ubuntu 8.04):
wal...@waluyo-laptop:~$ lyx-1.6.4
link textext-2c447465-1 hasn't been detected!
link textext-2c447465-1 hasn't been detected!

This behaviour (cannot preview textext Inscape extension) also happens
in another machine (ubuntu 9.04).

Is that possible to preview the the textext embedded in Inkscape?

Thank you for any information

Regards
Waluyo