Yago <diazd...@...> writes:

> Something like this:
>
> \deffootnotemark{\textsuperscript{\colorbox{red}%
> {\textcolor{white}{\thefootnotemark}}}}
>
> in the preamble. Use koma-script class.

Yago and Charles,
  Thanks for your help. I think I'll need something more refined, though.

  The footnotemark effectively appears white, now. However, it appears white
both in the text and in the actual footnote.
  The background is colored where the footnotemark is placed in the text, but at
the bottom of the page, where footnote appears, the background is white, so I
need regular black text.
  Is there a way to use different colors for the footnotemark for the text and
the footnote?

Miguel