Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Uwe Stöhr schreef:
Am 13.12.2009 14:10, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

LyX is programmed in a way that a console is always started. My and
also the standard installer hides it immediately.

The standard installer doesn't open this console window.

Ok, I see some extra movement in the task bar when opening LyX, .. that's all.

I believe that with your installer, one can really see a window popping up (or two).

Well, it's three in fact: first two windows open and close quickly, then one opens and stays for quite a while. That's probably the one most people complain about. this one opens also if you use lyxLauncher.exe or lyx.exe.

If you change the lyx.bat start command with "/MIN" and/or "/B", the 2 first windows will actually stay longer (IOW don't do that ;-) ).

Note that it's unclear to me why such a minor cosmetic problem who lead to prefer one installer over the other. Uwe's installer has the advantage of being out sometimes up to 1 week before the other one. That's quite a significant bonus if you are waiting for the new version because you have a nasty problem (crash, etc.).

Best regards,

Olivier

PS: I also remember that there is a message about installing "PyWin" or something with a similar name to avoid the console. Could that be a difference between installers ?

Vincent