I have one particular document where LyX just will not include certain
references from my bibtex file. When I do insert citation, they do not
show up in the list. If I insert them anyway (copying from another file),
the \cite{..} show as ?? in the pdf file. However, it's only for some
references from the bibtex file; others work fine. Here is the weird thing

1) If I export to LaTeX and compile, the broken references work fine.
2) They work fine in other LyX documents. I can also create
    a new LyX document, copy the bibtex statement from the
   old document, and the references work.
3) But if I create a new document and copy the text from
     the old document, the references stop working.

I just don't understand how this can happen. I have tried
both on a Mac and a PC, and I get exactly the same result,
so it's nothing in my system setup, but something with the
document.

For now I can solve it by simply exporting to latex and compile,
but it's somewhat annoying.

Any ideas?