Hi users,

   I've traced this to the use of the babel package - it seems to be
automatically set for use in Tools->Preferences...->Language
settings->Language dialog.

   What I find strange is that LyX seems to be introducing the \selectlanguage
and \foreignlanguage commands in what appears to be a random fashion. When I
create a new equation-reference, I get something like:

  \eqref{\selectlanguage{british}eq:myequation\selectlanguage{english}}

Does anyone know why these show up? In the language settings dialog I see
options for Auto begin and Auto end which are checked in my case. Also, in
the "Command start:" line-edit, I see "\selectlanguage{$$language}". I am
guessing it it these settings that are responsible for the spurious language
switchings inside my \eqref. But if these are defaults for new documents, is
there a reason why I may not have seen this before? How does the "british"
language enter my document - the default is probably just "English" on my
system. Even my \documentclass command (on latex export) shows the british
option!

Thanks,
Manoj