I have been  experiencing a lot of crashes in the last couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to identify the exact pattern. They mostly
happen during simple operations like erasing a line, or erasing back from a
standard paragraph into a (sub)section environment. Yesterday I  compiled
the SVN branch, just to see if the situation would improve. It didn't. I got
a crash within five minutes. The sequence of operations was something like:
Open old file, Create a new file, cut and past  title from old file into
new, add author, backspace from author into title, Crash. I appended below
what I found in the console. I have no idea if the sequence of
"TocModel.cpp(): type not found:" statements is relevant to the crash, but I
do see a lot of them being spitted out to console whenever I am in Lyx
(1.6.5, I mean). I should add that I always keep the TOC sidebar open.

This is what I found in the console:

TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(268): type not found:
TocModel.cpp(358): type not found:
/usr/include/c++/4.4/debug/vector:272:error: attempt to subscript container
    with out-of-bounds index 1, but container only holds 1 elements.

Objects involved in the operation:
sequence "this" @ 0x0x2c4a648 {
  type =
NSt7__debug6vectorIN11__gnu_debug14_Safe_iteratorINSt6__norm14_List_iteratorIN3lyx9ParagraphEEENS_4listIS6_SaIS6_EEEEESaISB_EEE;
}
Aborted

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA