Hi!

I've been trying to learn a bit more about LyX, LaTeX, R and Sweave to better understand this issue :-)

Jean-Marc LASGOUTTES wrote:

It is expected (by me at least) that either:

1/ the installation of R installs Sweave.sty at the right place (was
MaxTeX already installed when you installed R?)

Yes, MacTex was installed when I installed R. Please, what does it mean? Must I get a different result if MacTex was not installed before R installation?
or

2/ Sweave is set up in such a way that it puts the full path to the
Sweave.sty file in the \usepackage command.
The point is that there is no Sweave.sty in the system. Neither before R installation, nor before after it.

As far as I understand, and read, it is expected that R copy Sweave.sty on my system although I don't know yet if I must also expect that the texmf tree is modified with the same installation or the user must customize the installation on his/her own.

Actually, with the new LyX 2.0 releases, I don't know if Sweave.sty is required by LyX at all!

Sorry, I am still a bit puzzle with this issue!

Thanks!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez