Hi all,

New to this incredible edition framework, please, forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

One the most difficult decisions I'm facing while starting to work with LyX is to chose what Document class I must use for a given work. It seems to me really hard do decide between the multiple options without having an in depth knowledge of the whole LyX ecosystem.

So, please, could you advice me on what Document class I must use to edit a problems book?

It will accompany a Quantitative Genetics essay. It will include text paragraphs presenting the problems by themselves, each of them composed of several parts. After each part, some text paragraphs explaining the theoretical basis of the proposed solution will appear followed by the solution by itself that will include numbered mathematical formulas (they will be cross-referenced in the text) and some more text explaining the reasoning.

Must I use book? book (KOMA-Script)? Any other Document class?

Thank you so much for your help!

Greetings,

Ricardo

--