Thanks! Please, see below.

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Am 21.05.2010 08:38, schrieb [Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC.:

I know I must read through the manuals!

Yes, in your case the section "Colored Boxes" of the EmbeddedObjects manual.

But some help will be welcome as
I am still trying to understand the whole scenario. At what point
changes area allowed by using LyX WYSIWYM interface or I must play with
configuration/customization files is not clear for me yet!

Configuration is to configure LyX#s defaults, look and feel, etc. This is independent of your text features.

OK! I got the point! Thanks.

As for this doubt, please have a look at this simple file generated
using article Document class.

http://xen.net/onLyX/dummyTextMargins.pdf
http://xen.net/onLyX/dummyTextMargins.lyx

What I want to control in this file, is the margins of the box: I would
like that it is aligned with the previous paragraph: same margin on the
left, same margin on the right.

Then turn off the paragraph indentation. (Set the cursor in front of the box and use the paragraph settings menu. There uncheck the open "Indent Paragraph".)

What I was doing was to put the cursor within the box or over the "label". I got the point now. Thanks!

Note that a box always has a border which is of course wider than the box content. The border can be visible or invisible. So when you want to have the same overall width for the box than for the text column, you need to decrease its with to e.g. 98 column%.

Please nevertheless have a look at the box chapter in the EmbeddedObjects manual to learn more about the box handling.

The same with the text within the box.

Use a parbox as inner box. You can then edit the box text like any other text.

Sorry, I don't understand this. What I read in the Embedded Objects manual is:

"Parboxes are very similar to minipages with the difference that they cannot have footnotes. The main difference to minipages is that minipages are in contrary to parboxes no real boxes but LaTeX-environments."

Gosh! I am not able to understand this! Please, why I can edit the text in a parbox as any other text and the one in a Minipage, not? Is it because being a "LaTeX-environment", text in a MiniPage doesn't answer to LyX "commands"?

Attached is a LyX example file.

regards Uwe

Now I am able to set the paragraph settings for each box in a per box basis. Please, is it possible to set this features document wide? Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez