I just updated to 1.6.7 from 1.6.6 and seem to have lost the ability out put in
dvi or ps format.

Downloaded the standard installation package for Windows and have an existing
MiXTeX installation.

I don't think I have a problem with Ghostscript etc since I can convert a pdf
to ps without any problems.

I should mention that LyX seems to be running okay otherwise and I even have it
tentatively working with Zotero, that is, I can insert a citation but I have
not bothered to actually generate a reference list.

Any quick suggestions on what to look for?

Maybe I'll go back to the Alternative Installer :)

Thanks,
John