On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:27:49 +0000 Stefan Zorn
<wintige...@googlemail.com> shared this with is all on the Lyx users
list:

>>> Additionally I have a small question which I could not find in the
>>> forum: Occasionally (4 lines in 100 pages) a line overwrites the
>>> right margin. It seems that, this are lines with very long words.
>>> How can I manual force a line break in this case?
>
>>Use Insert>Formatting>Hyphenation Point to insert a "soft hyphen" (as
>>WordPerfect used to call it). This will tell TeX that it is OK to
>>break the line there.
>
>>rh

Thought that might work for me Richard - but doesn't:

Using Debian Squeeze - LyX version 1.6.7 - book (KOMA-Script)

and in the preamble - \hyphenpenalty=10000 - \widowpenalty=1000

So I have always done the hyphenating manually in the few instances
where it's not done for me, usually in email headers copied into LyX.

Be well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Better not to begin. Once you begin, better to finish it.

Debian, just the best way to create magic