What is needed is something like:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontwrap/

<http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontwrap/>So that fonts
are *autoselected* based on UNICODE range unless otherwise overridden.

fontwrap package for XeLaTex
                ----------------------------
                Michiel Kamermans, june 2008
                     Available under GPL

What is it?
  --------------

    fontwrap is a package for XeLaTeX to automatically
    wrap multilingual utf8 encoded text in approriate
    font tags, issuing fontspec commands whenever text
    switches from one unicode block to another. As most
    of us use TeX in order to separate visual styling
    from the actual document as much as possible, this
    package removes the need to add fonttags all over
    the place when writing multilingual documents.

--
---

   - Learn to speak Cherokee: http://www.cherokeelessons.com/
   - Cherokee Language Help BBS/Chat: