Fresh install of all of the above, with latest modernCV stuff, and the
example that ships with LyX 1.6.8 fails to compile through pdflatex. I
only get the error below repeated as two entries (same) in the LyX
error display:

 \begin{document}

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

I rooted around for a bit and compared the source to a version that
compiled on LyX 1.5.2 with older MiKTeX and nothing jumps out. I also
tried eliminating things in the Preamble (quote, photo) and also
cutting out the Bibliography-related stuff. Nothing seems to compile.
Any ideas?

Dave Hewitt