Paul Rubin <rubin <at> msu.edu> writes:

> I can't answer the context-aware pasting question, but I'll point out that if
> you paste the math content in as ordinary text, you can highlight it and hit
> ctrl-M to turn it into a math inset.  (This works anywhere in the document,
> and
> in both directions -- you can also turn a math inset into plain text.)
>
> /Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I could highlight and manually switch the selection
to math insets but this is very slow/tedious if there are many fields which
require editing.  If I were to go down this route I think I would rather copy
and paste latex code into an ERT which, on restarting LyX, should give me the
tables and correct formats.  It would really be nicer if I could simply paste
content into LyX and have the math values recognised.  Does anyone else have any
ideas?

Thanks,
Ken