On 21.11.2010 19:21, Emanuel Blum wrote:

> Am 21.11.2010 um 01:30 schrieb Hellmut Weber:
>

>> On 18.11.2010 17:34, Emanuel Blum wrote:
>>>
>>> Hallo zusammen,
>>>
>>> ich bin seit Monaten glücklicher Lyx-User, habe jedoch seit geraumer
>>> Zeit das Problem, dass ich kein PDF-file mehr auswerfen kann. Wenn ich
>>> den Pdf-Button betätige, erscheint in der Leiste unten die Meldung
>>> "buffer view pdf2". Habe versucht das Problem zu googeln, bin aber nicht
>>> wirklich schlauer geworden.
>>>
>>> Falls es euch hilft:
>>> -Lyx Version: 1.6.5
>>> -Betriebssystem: Mac OS X 10.5.8
>>>
>>> Vielen Dank im Voraus.
>>>
>>> Liebe Grüße,
>>>
>>> Emanuel Blum
>>

>> Hi Emanuel,
>> this is an english list, so I'll respond in english.
>>
>> Do you note this effect when you try to view a lyx document for the
>> first time as pdf?
>> Are you sure that there is not a pdf viewer (like acroread) open
>> somewhere else (e.g. on another desktop)?
>>
>> When I'mworking on my Linux system on a lyx document an press the pdf
>> button for the first time, acfroread pops up with my document ONLY IF
>> there is no acroread open at some other place.
>>
>> What system do you use? OS? Lyx Version?
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> Hellmut
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Hellmut Weber         m...@hellmutweber.de
>> Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172
>> D-80803 München-Schwabing mobil +49-172-8450321
>> please: No DOCs, no PPTs. why: tinyurl.com/cbgq
>

> Hi Hellmut,
>
> thanks for your response!
>
> I use Lyx version 1.6.5 and Mac OS X 10.5.8.
> Yes, it's the case when I try to open a PDF for the first time. No other
> pdf viewers are active.
>
> Best,
>
> Emanuel

Hallo Emaunuel,

Hi Emaunuel,
I didn't realize from your first message that are working on Mac. I
don't have any experience with this clas of machines.

Nevertheless one thought: Since I see the same message in the status
line of lyx, when lyx has done its job successfully, I suppose that the
problem is some wheer in the pdf viewer installation.

Can it be that the problem appeared after some system update?
Is there on Mac an automatic system update function?

There a Mac guru's on the list normally, I hope they can help you

Cheers

Hellmut