Would you mind posting a small .lyx file demonstrating the ordering of
FragileFrame and EndFrame? I'm trying your suggestion with LyX 2.0 beta 1 (OS
X), but I can't get it to work. I have added the code below to beamer.layout
and reconfigured LyX (not sure if this is necessary). I have a document with
the Sweave module loaded and one fragile frame containing some minimal Sweave
code in a Chunk.

When I try to view, I get an error: "Missing } inserted". The operative part of
the log appears to be:

! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
}
l.32 \end{frame}

I have tried adding EndFrame, both inside the FragileFrame and just after it,
but that did not help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin