Thanks for the suggestion Wolfgang. I installed elyxer and attempted to use
it, but I had a few problems. After installing elyxer from the command line,
I typed the following to try and convert a lyx document to html:

> elyxer.py CSUS.lyx csus.html

This gave the error message pasted just below (hopefully, you can see the
screenshot below):

Then, based on the instructions in the readme file, I tried the following:

> python -m elyxer csus.lyx csus.html

This worked in the sense that it created the html file (Question: Why did
the first command give an error, while the second one worked?). The html
file looked pretty good in a Firefox browser window. However, when I opened
it in MS-Word, Word decided it was an xml file and the file was filled with
all sorts of tags at the begining and end of each line of text. I can't
figure out what to do with it to turn it into a normal Word document (I
don't know how to process xml).

Along with the document, Word opened an "xml data views" window in the
right-hand column of what would normally be the area where the document text
appears. The text at the top of this window reads "This XML document has
multiple data views. Before making changes to the document, choose the data
view (XSLT) to apply." I don't know where to go with that, so I'm stuck at
the moment.

Is it really this hard to get an MS Word-compatible document from a lyx
document? Is there an easier way that I've missed?

Once again, thanks for any suggestions from the lyx (and elyxer) gurus on
this list.

Joel

<<Outlook.jpg>>