Hi,

I'm trying to get LyX up and running on my system (Mac OS X 10.6.2) for the
first time. I've installed MacTeX2010 without a problem. Then when I try and
install Lyx, I get the following problem:

1. Removing obsolete files ....
... Done removing obsolete files.

2. Testing to see if old LyX user's folder should be moved to new location ....
... Done moving LyX user's directory to new location.

3. (No preferences file found at ~/Library/'Application Support'/LyX-1.6/.)

4. Installing default LyX templates ....
... Done installing default LyX templates.

5. Installing LyX's special LaTeX files ....
• Found TeX installation at .
• Local TeX directory set to ~/Library/texmf.
• Installed LyX's additional LaTeX .cls and .sty files.

*** ERROR: Cannot run texhash command. Please run manually.

... Done.

After, all my classes are 'unavailable'.  Also, when i try and run sudo texhash
from terminal, it simply says 'command not found'.

I've trawled the web for a solution to this problem. It looks like a lot of
other people have come across this. However, none of the
suggested solutions are working for me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kerensa.