On 02/28/2011 02:31 PM, stefano franchi wrote:
Sorry, my fault, I hadn´t realized the layout option is a Document
option, of ocurse,  not a lyx preference. I was testing it on the Help
file, which of course is read-only. It works on my file.

I think I understand the syntax of the simple customization language
used in the  layout file. What I don´t understand is why, in the
reference section, I get both the key and the reference. Shouldn´t the
key be omitted? If I have a text like:

As Franchi said in his latest and greatest  piece (2011),

with a reference like:

@Article{Franchi2011,
    author = {Stefano Franchi},
     title = {My best article},
    journal = {The journal},
    volume = {1},
    number = {1},
    pages = {200--220}}

   I would expect the reference  to look like

Franchi, Stefano, My best article, The journal, 1:1, pp. 200-220.

Instead the export gives something like:

[Franchi 2011] Franchi, Stefano, My best article, The journal (2011),
1:1, pp. 200-220.

How do I get rid of the key?

At the moment, you can't, mostly because if you're using author-year, then we need to know which one is 2011a, 2011b, etc. But if you have an idea here, I'm all ears.

rh