Let's say I create a list in Enumerate mode. Then I write some text in
Standard mode. Now I want to Enumerate a few more items. I select Enumerate
again, and it starts this new list at #1. However, I want the numbering to
continue where the previous Enumerate left off. For example, if my previous
list ended with item #2, I want the next enumeration to start with #3. Below
is an example of what Lyx actually does, followed by what I want Lyx to do.
Is there a way to make Lyx do what I want it to do? I checked the User Guide
and the Additional Lyx Features, but didn't see a way to do it.

Thanks for your help.
Joel

WHAT Lyx DOES

Here's some text in standard mode.