On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:51:10 -0600
stefano franchi <stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
> Abiword crashes on me when I try to open lyx´s xhtml files. If, as
> Richard suggested, I remove the first line (the XML declaration),
> then ooffice opens the file correctly, but puts some garbage on the
> first line. See pdf below. I am enclosing a simple test file in lyx
> and the xhtml with the first line removed that produced the garbage
> line. Can anyone try on their systems?

OK. I ran tidy on the test.xhtml file and got the following:

alant@stormy:~$ tidy -m -asxhtml test.xhtml
line 1 column 1 - Warning: specified input encoding (iso-8859-1) does
not match actual input encoding (utf-8)
Info: Document content looks like XHTML 1.0 Strict
No warnings or errors were found.

After that, the document would open in Abiword. Perhaps someone who
knows more than I can do something with this.

Cheers,
Alan

> Cheers,
>
> Stefano
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Alan L Tyree <alanty...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:37:52 -0500
> > Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > It looks as if OOo doesn't like the initial <xml...> line. If you
> > > remove it, it will open OK.
> >
> > Or you can open them directly in Abiword - at least on Debian
> > Squeeze.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Alan
> >

> > > rh