hi everyone,

I suppered a request for a increment search in lyx for a long time. Perhaps,
it is a foolish question, the concept of lyx is not to design a software
like emacs.
I am really looking forward to seeing this functionality in lyx. I have
remapping my shortcut in lyx to simulate the same shortcut in emacs, of
course, just concerning the basic edit and cursor moving related shortcuts.
I can not endure the absence of increment search. The increment search can
be considered as a sharp weapon to move the cursor in the whole document, or
you just want to move the cursor to a certain line in current screen. Yes,
we can move the cursor by C-n, C-p, C-f,C-b,M-f,M-b. It is not accurate. One
needs to move several times to reach the destination point. Right? Or, if
you have a good solution, please inform me. So I wonder if the increment
search will be taken into account for the future development.

Thanks a lot for your attention,
weidong