On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Bruce Pourciau
<bruce.h.pourc...@lawrence.edu> wrote:
> Thank you for the suggestions! I'll have to ponder. What I'd really like is
> to go "old school": Have them mark up the pdf with a pen, send it to me, I
> make the revisions in the lyx file, export tex, send the tex file and a pdf
> to them with the changes. But I'm afraid they'll never agree. It's my name
> that's going to be on the article, so I want control. As it is, one editor
> has already made changes in the tex file, replacing italic used for emphasis
> with roman, which is fine, but he also did this for some theorem-like
> assertions, which is _not_ fine, and it's hard for me to know that I've
> spotted all the changes I disagree with. His comments are marked with xx,
> which makes them easy to find, but these changes are not so marked.

As it was suggested earlier, it should be easy to track down all the
modifications that the editor performed: use a graphical interface to
dfif (such as Meld [1]) to compare the tex file that you sent
(original) with the tex that you received (modified). Thus you will
find out exactly what changes went into your document.

Knowing this, and as others have suggested, you can take your original
lyx file and implement all the changes (that you accept!) directly
into LyX. Afterwards, you can get on with editing your article
directly in LyX.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://alternativeto.net/software/meld/