On 04 Apr 2011, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Via the menu (File > Export). This initially offers me pdf(luatex).
> > I now have to go to More Options to find pdf(ps2pdf). Not a major
> > problem, of course, but I preferred the previous arrangement.
>
> This isn't supposed to be so. Do you have any special settings for this
> document, e.g. "Use non_TeX fonts"?
>
> Or do you have customized file format preferences? Try if temporarily
> renaming
> the files "preferences" and/or "lyxrc.defaults" helps.
>
> Jürgen

Thanks for your help.

Yes, moving Preferences aside makes things work correctly. I can't see
anything in the file that is relevant. One odd thing: whether
Preferences is there or not, the following error lines occur:

arcadia:$ LyX: Unknown tag `-lpf' [around line 13 of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults
current token: '-lpf' context: '']
LyX: Unknown tag `$$i' [around line 13 of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults current
token: '$$i' context: '']
LyX: Unknown tag `-mode' [around line 13 of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults current
token: '-mode' context: '']
LyX: Unknown tag `EditPosition' [around line 14 of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults
current token: 'EditPosition' context: '']

The relevant lines in lyxrc.defaults are:

\Format dia        dia     DIA                    "" "auto"     "auto"  "vector"
\Format agr        agr     Grace                  "" "auto"     "auto"  "vector"
\editor_alternatives fen xboard -lpf $$i -mode EditPosition

Not sure what that means or whether it natters.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - a...@acampbell.org.uk