On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Hal Kierstead <kierst...@asu.edu> wrote:
> While working on a LyX document it would be nice to be able to quickly see
> the the pdf view, just as one can when working on a tex document.  The
> problem I have is that to view changes I must close the current view

Are you using acroread? It features a known issue: it doesn't reload
the PDF on file system change. You could either reload it in acroread,
or use something else such as Evince.

> reopen it and then navigate to the the current position,

There is a new feature 'forward search' (or similar) that should help
in such cases, but I'm not familiar with it.

Regards
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?