On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 12:07 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >  When I preview the page using ctrl-x, ctrl-p I see the figure propertly
> > displayed (it's rotated 90 degrees so the 'top' is just above the '1' in
> > Figure 1 and the 'bottom' is just within the right page edge.) After
> > exporting via pdflatex, when I view the page (xpdf, epdfview, acroread)
> > the figure has shifted slightly to the right so the 'bottom' is truncated.
>
>    Fixed it. I did two things and I don't know if both were required, but it
> works now.
>
>    First, I recompiled the graphviz file to directly output a .pdf file.
> Second, I moved the default bounding box (read from file) so the origin is
> at (0,0) rather than the default (36,36). It was probably the latter that
> fixed the problem, but the pdf also is much clearer than was the .eps.

Was it as simple as the figure being a bit wider than the text, and
getting trimmed?  When I get a figure that oversteps its bounds Lyx (or
LaTeX) seems to want to left-justify it -- if you moved the bounding box
to the left margin that may have fixed it (or it may have just made it
shift slightly to the _left_, up against the right margin).

Dunno.  Dunno if it matters, or if you care -- but that's what seems to
happen to me when I make 'em too big.

--
---
Tim Wescott