Thanks Richard for the very quick reply :)
I still however can't figure out how to override the "Plain Layout". Can you give a little further hint?

Thanks,
John

On 08/25/2011 11:57 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 08/25/2011 05:31 PM, John Kirollos wrote:
Hello There,

I'm trying to customize the ERT inset layout a little; LyX displays text in ERT layouts *block aligned*. From the customization documentation, I found no "align" parameter for the inset layouts (only for styles, taking values such as Left, Block...).

Is there a way to configure it left-aligned? I find this to be more convenient & readable.

The alignment comes from the layout used inside ERT, which is "Plain Layout". The default for Plain Layout is actually hardcoded into LyX, but you can still customize it in the usual way. But note that it will also affect other insets that use plain layout

Richard