Although this is not really a Lyx question, I have great faith in the
collective Latex wisdom of the list.

Problem:

LuaTeX or XeTeX are no longer able to find (some) system-installed fonts.
I haven't tried with all of them, for obvious reasons, but all the
fonts I normally use (esp Minion) are no longer found. The log says:

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for T1+MinionPro(0) on input l
ine 93.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file T1MinionPro(0).fd. on input line 93.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/MinionPro(0)/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 93.

and Computer Roman is used, as specified. I confess I have no clue
about the T1MinionPro(0).fd. file that it is missing. The font is
there, in the sense that is available from other applications and it
even shows up within LyX in the drop down menu.
It looks like one of the font loading packages used by XeTeX/LuaTeX is
missing it. I tried erasing the cache that LuaTeX keeps in my home
directory, thus forcing luaotfload to rebuild it. Nothing changed.

Any idea?
I am on a Kubuntu Jaunty machine running Texlive 2011, fully updated, Lyx 2.0.1

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA