On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
>> stefano franchi wrote:
>> I think none of the existing PDF readers on Linux can play embedded movies.
>> Particularly, Adobe Reader for Linux does not provide a suitable media
>> player,
>> whereas such files usually work on Windows (and Mac).
>>
> Not a PDF reader proper, more of a PDF presenter, but Impressive [1]
> should be able to do that. It is cross-platform, and boasts sound and
> video playback capabilities via MPlayer [2]. Never tried it for video
> playback, though, and I'd be curious to hear of any successful
> experience.

Thanks for the hint Liviu, I'll try it out. In the meanwhile, I've
been trying to install Acrobat reader under Wine, with no success.
I'll move on to Icalbertompressive

> [1] http://alternativeto.net/software/impressive/
> [2] http://impressive.sourceforge.net/manual.php#req

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA