On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Paul Johnson <pauljoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Paul Johnson <pauljoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I wrote a test in LyX and have trouble getting a graphic to sit "side
>>> by side" with a LaTeX table.
>>>
>>> http://pj.freefaculty.org/latex/test2-part2.pdf

Liviu's pointer led me off into a search through a lot of pages about
horizontal alignment of latex graphics.

The simplest workaround I've found so far is to wrap the troublesome
graphic,  table or minipage in
\raisebox{10mm}{  .... graphic or table .... }

That lifts up the troublesome thing 10mm.  If you want to lower the
thing, put a negative number.  Here are the "new" versions, where I've
tested this both with simple side-by-side minipages (not in table
cells) and minipages or tables inside cells. Either way, you can
manually force things into line

http://pj.freefaculty.org/latex/test2-part2-new.pdf
http://pj.freefaculty.org/latex/test2-part2-new.lyx

This is not entirely satisfactory, we wish it were automatic.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science