On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Horst Jurkat
<horstjur...@onlinehome.de> wrote:
> Am 16.01.2012 16:32, schrieb stefano franchi:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Horst Jurkat<horstjur...@onlinehome.de>
>>  wrote:

>>> Stefano,
>>>
>>> excuse me: I mean "printing under Foxitreader".
>>>
>>> I have installed the package (arial clone), but after "texhash" und
>>> reconfigure under Lyx I find no changes.
>>>
>> The Arial clone comes in a package. You must follow the instruction
>> provide in the link I sent you:
>>
>> Go to Document>>Setting»Latex Preamble
>> and type (or cut and paste the following)
>>
>> \usepackage[scaled]{uarial}
>> \renewcommand*\familydefault{\sfdefault} %% Only if the base font of
>> the document is to be sans serif
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>>

>> The last instruction may not be necessary.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stefano
>>

> Stefano,
>
> I have followed the instructions and added the Preamble: the same result.
> But when I check out the box "Non-Tex-Fonts use (via XeTex/LuaTex)" and
> print I became a "latex-error: uarial.sty not found"?
>
> This style is - after installing the named package - in the texlive
> directories, but why Lyx do not find this?
>
> Sorry, but now I have to work in my office for several ours.

My fault. I didn't check up on the web page, which was probably old.

You can do one of two things:

1. Download the correct arial package from ctan:

http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/urw/arial

follow the installation instruction and see whether it works. On my
system, it works fine with output to dvi. It does not work with output
to pdflatex. Apparently there is a missing font or, more likely,
pdflatex cannot find it. People on the list more expert than me on
Tex's font management may be able to help.

2. Use xelatex and your system's fonts. If you are on Windows, You
might have it on your system already. For Mac you can download it
here, if you don't have it already. On Linux, use Nimbus San L, which
is an Arial clone (how close a clone, I don't know. You may want to
check closely, especially if your organization (like mine) has a
"brand management team." You don't want to mess with these people...).
You may also install the original Microsoft fonts and convert them to
a format usable by Linux/Mac (look at the sourceforge project here,
for instance: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/)

Hope it helps,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA