Hi guys

I want to confirm that this is a bug. I've noticed some old threads on
this [1] but I believe it's a little different.

When the master document includes the bibliography, opening the child
document and adding a citation works. So, while editing, the child
document is aware of the bib database. When compiling for preview,
however, that knowledge is lost and citations are replaced with
"(author?)" and the like. Obviously, there is no reference list for
that child document.

Wouldn't it be possible to actually integrate the child document while
rendering? Do not show the references, but do show citations that are
valid (i.e. that exists in the bib included in the master doc). You
can reproduce this with a template [2].

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg77181.html
[2] https://github.com/telegraphic/Oxford-LyX-Thesis-Template

--