On 2 August 2012 21:25, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder, Eberhard. But first I have to figure out how to
>> install latex2rtf?
>>
> I took a look at the project's SF page and it seems to me that they're
> not providing binaries for Mac. If this is so, you may either compile
> the converter from source (likely a big headache in itself), or use
> Windows or Linux to proceed: On both latex2rtf can be easily
> installed.

If the softpedia binary doesn't cut it, set up Homebrew [1] and
install the latex2rtf package/formula. You will probably also need to
download XCode.

Otherwise you can download XCode alone and just build latex2rtf
manually. The make file should require no changes. Just go into the
unzipped folder of the unix source archive and type 'make && sudo make
install' from terminal. Homebrew (and similarly MacPorts and Fink)
just automates all this stuff for you on a systemwide scale.

[1] http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

Caveat: I'm not a Mac user.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1