________________________________
 From: Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>
To: John Kane <jrkrid...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: "lyx-users@lists.lyx.org" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:21:24 PM
Subject: Re: LyZ paths not working in Ubuntu or Windows

On 08/02/2012 12:20 PM, John Kane wrote:

A couple of months ago a power surge fried my laptop. I now have a new laptop
with a dual-boot Ubuntu 12.04 / Windows 7 setup.   Lyx 2.0.3, Firefox 14.01
with  Lyz 2.1.4 & Zotero 3.0.8 .

>Since then I have not been doing anything with LyX and just noticed that I
>cannot sent citations from Zotero to Lyx.
>

>I have tried setting the path using:
>ubuntu
>/home/john/lyx/.lyxpipe
>/home/john/.lyxpipe
>

>Windows
>\\.\pipe\lyxpipe
>

>I am very new to Linux and thought my path might be wrong but the
>\\.\pipe\lyxpipe has worked for me n previous 1.6.7 and 2.x.x in Windows.
>

>Error message starts out as:
>

>"Exception ...component returned failure code 0x8052001" (Ubuntu and either
>same or similar under windows and continued on to say "Could not contact
>server at \\.\pipe\lyxpipe.
>

>Just as a precaution I have done a reconfigure and rebooted LyX after each
>path change in Ubuntu and Windows.
>

>Any suggestions on where I'm going wrong?

Did you set the lyxpipe location in LyX itself?

Richard

Yes see paths above.  Does this mean I missed setting a path in Firefox?