On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:29:24 +0200
Michael Bach <pha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear LyX Users and Developers,
>
> I am using the presentation (beamer) document class with the "german"
> option. I have a BibTeX bibliography that I inserted via the Insert >
> ... mechanism.
>
> Now when I try to compile the file, I get inputenc errors. It stems
> from the usage of the german "ß" character in the title of the
> reference. From the full log:
>
> ! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
> (inputenc)                in inputencoding `latin9'.
>
> Now I am wondering why this does not work in the presentation
> (beamer) document class when it does work in another file with the
> article document class.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael

Michael,

I have had similar problems with beamer and BibTeX in English when a
name in the bibliography had an accented character (é I think).

I did figure out a workaround, but I don't remember exactly how. I
think it involved putting the offending reference in a separate .bib
file, but I don't remember the details and no longer have the files.

Les