On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:52:57 +0200 (CEST) "Csikos Bela
 bcsikos...@freemail.hu" suggested this:

        >Hello:
>
>I am using lyx 2.0.4 on openSUSE linux.
>Whenever I open a lyx file the file chooser/file picker window
>(titled "Select document to open") is sized too small and I have to
>drag the edge/corner to increase it. Next time when I open a file
>the window size is again the same small size as previously.
>Is it possible to make lyx remember the file picker window size
>or set the default size larger?
>
>Thanks,
>
>bcsikos

Is that something to do with your desktop/display manager not LyX?

Charlie

    --
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of
        a free, meandering brook. - Henry David Thoreau