On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Anders Host-Madsen
<ahostmad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure/program LyX so that whenever the LyX files is
> saved
> by the user (not auto-save) the pdf version (and latex) version is also saved
> (without the warning about overwrite)? I realized I do this hundred of times
> every day: save the LyX file then export it to pdf. It would be nice if it
> could
> be done automatically.

Hi Anders,

See the answer here:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/71110/can-lyx-automatically-save-the-pdf-output-in-the-same-folder/71212#71212

Replace 'buffer-view' with 'buffer-write'.

If you want to change the shortcut ctrl + s to do this, go to
preferences > editing > shortcuts > and change the shortcut to the
appropriate command-sequence.

Scott