Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> I used to use lyx 2.1.0.svn but was several time reminded that this is an
> experimental version. I therefore decided to change to debian sid  since
> squeeze does not offer lyx 2.0.3-3. After changing in the
> /etc/apt/sources.list squeeze to sid
> I see the lyx 2.0.3-3 in synaptic, but if I am going to install it, a lot
> of packages would be removed such as k3b kaffeine kde-full ... texlive etc
> which I do not want to be done.
>
> Does this mean, I have to compile lyx 2.0.3-3 or is there an alternative)?

I'm not a Debian user, so I don't know whether there are alternative packages.
It might be the case indeed that self compiling is your best option. It should
be not difficult to build lyx yourself. But if so, use the latest release
(lyx-2.0.5.1), not LyX 2.0.3, from here:
http://www.lyx.org/Download#toc1

Jürgen