Dear Stefano,

thank you so much for your thorough answer, which really helped me. All of the
procedures you described to test my TeX-installation worked fine, and for me it
is LyX, which is not working correctly. As I also have had several other
problems witch my computer and with its permissions I am now looking for that.
It could be, that LyX does not have the permissions to change its settings.

I think this will take a little time now, I just wanted to let you know, that
your instructions were very helpful, and that I could use LyX hopefully soon
again.

Best
Jess