Am 23.05.2013 02:06, schrieb Gordon Watson:

2. But I was adding -- as instructed :) -- "linkcolor=blue"-- I see that you added
"urlcolor=blue".

There are a few color groups you can change, e.g. also "citecolor". The UserGuide for the next LyX version will explain the color options better.

3. You helpfully say this: pink is the default for hyperlinks/urls.

Is that what I should go with then?

No, you can decide what you like. The default, as once invented by Adobe, is to draw colored frames around links. But most people find this awful so that later the coloring of links became the de-facto standard.

regards Uwe