Hello,

   I've been trying to use biblatex in LYX with the Jabref interface for
   citations on Mac OSX Lion. I have followed all of the instructions I've been
   able to find online, and have gotten it to the point where, if I export plain
   latex from LYX and compile that, run biber, then recompile, I have exactly
   what I want.

For whatever reason, I can't achieve this through the lyx interface. The lyx log
indicates that lyx IS running biber, and I looked inside of the temporary folder
lyx is using and found that a ".bcf" file is created.

In fact, copying my ".bib" file into the temporary directory and running biber
there enables lyx to produce the correct output, but this is tedious to do each
time.

Even better, all I need for a relatively permanent fix is to copy my .bib file
into the LYX temporary directory:

/private/var/folders/s3/477kfcjd2zq_0mxfxpcrbznr0000gn/T/lyx_tmpdir.L14372/
/lyx_tmpbuf2

Once that is done, lyx can produce the correct output with no further
intervention. Is there any way I can get lyx to do this for me, or tell it to
properly point biber towards the file?

I am running biber v0.9.9 and lyx 2.0.6

Here is a snippet from the lyx log file that deals with biber.

Package biblatex Info: Input encoding 'utf8' detected. Package biblatex Info:
Automatic encoding selection. (biblatex)             Assuming data encoding
'utf8'. \openout4 = `Report.bcf'.

Package biblatex Info: Trying to load bibliographic data... Package biblatex
Info: ... file 'Report.bbl' not found. No file Report.bbl. Package biblatex
Info: Reference section=0 on input line 26. Package biblatex Info: Reference
segment=0 on input line 26. (./Report.toc) \tf@toc=\write6 \openout6 =
`Report.toc'.

LaTeX Warning: Citation 'RichardE.Neopolitan' on page 1 undefined on input line
43.

(./0_Users_cruser42_Desktop_Report_diagrams_graphs_graph2fig.tex Missing
character: There is no ; in font nullfont! Missing character: There is no ; in
font nullfont! Missing character: There is no ; in font nullfont! Missing
character: There is no ; in font nullfont! Missing character: There is no ; in
font nullfont! )

LaTeX Warning: Empty bibliography on input line 97.

Package atveryend Info: Empty hook `BeforeClearDocument' on input line 98.
[1{/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}

]
Package atveryend Info: Empty hook `AfterLastShipout' on input line 98.
(./Report.aux) Package atveryend Info: Executing hook `AtVeryEndDocument' on
input line 98. Package atveryend Info: Executing hook `AtEndAfterFileList' on
input line 98. Package rerunfilecheck Info: File `Report.out' has not changed.
(rerunfilecheck) Checksum: 8828D2E1D1E10CEED47733C6437ABD14;237.

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

Package biblatex Warning: Please (re)run Biber on the file: (biblatex)
     Report (biblatex)                and rerun LaTeX afterwards.

Package logreq Info: Writing requests to 'Report.run.xml'. \openout1 =
`Report.run.xml'.

Thanks, Aleksey

P.S. pardon the linebreaks, gmane insisted on 80 char limit per line.