> > > And I say this as a LyX-only writer for the past 15 years or so.
> >
> > The first public LyX version was when? Can't have been much longer
> > than 10 years ago.

That was a typo and should have been 15, as the original message said.

I know Lyrix was implemented first using XForms some time late in the
90s, but it must have been after 1995.

And I didn't really consider it as usable around 1998, when I tried it
the first time. Neither Scientific Workplace, which I tried as well at
that time. I stuck with Framemaker back then.

> Way earlier than that. I switched to Lyx after I completed my
> dissertation (which I wrote in Framemaker, on a NeXt cube. Boy am I
> old!).

<Topper>

That's nothing.

Framemaker? NeXt? Pampered upperclass brat.

Remember Wordstar (don't know which version) on plain MS DOS?

</Topper>

>;->

Sincerely,

Wolfgang